Cook - Brookside Memory Care Residence
Cross Keys Village - The Brethren Home Community (CKV) is currently seeking a Cook to become a part of our culinary team and help provide our residents, team members, and visitors, quality meals and a dignified dining experience. As a Cook working at CKV, we will provide you with opportunities to enjoy a friendly work environment guided by Christian values.
Our current needs include:
Who We Are:
- Part-time; working 60 hours per pay period with the ability to work mornings, evenings, every other weekend, as well as holidays as needed. This position will rotate between our Brookside Memory Care Residence as well as our Healthcare Center, known as Mission Point.
As the largest nonprofit, single-site retirement community in Pennsylvania, Cross Keys Village is dedicated to enriching the lives of older adults. It is our vision to be a leading innovator offering older adults a life infused with quality and purpose. We accomplish these goals – and more through our compassionate team of individuals who strive every day to provide the best care and services our community needs.
Our Brookside Memory Care Residence is a specialized personal care environment for individuals with a diagnosis of neurocognitive disorder or dementia, designed to provide an optimal environment during the intermediate stages of their disease. CKV team members work together to provide Brookside residents with guidance, cueing, and the right level of stimulation and interaction with others who understand the progression of their condition.
As a Cook, your scope of responsibilities will include but is not limited to:
Education and Experience:
- Preparing food items for residents and team members. Cafeteria and special functions as designated by production sheets using quantity recipes, designated portion control, and instructions by the Executive Chef and Head Cook.
- Following sanitation and infection control standards in preparation, proper handling of leftover items and cleanliness of area.
- Checking plated food for proper presentation and completeness and ensuring food temperature requirements are met.
- Assisting with the bussing of tables and stocking of work stations.
- Closing department on a regular basis and assuring team member duties are complete, equipment is turned off, department is secure and any needed communication is written to supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Working knowledge of food service preparation as would be required through two years of related work experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of HACCP procedures and PA Department of Agriculture Sanitation Certification is preferred.
Join Our Work Family:
As a team member at Cross Keys Village, you will be provided with many benefits such as a positive work environment and comprehensive training opportunities. Our large and beautiful campus also offers you 24 hour fitness room access, community events, and much more.
If you want to become a part of our unique and friendly team, apply to be a Cook with Cross Keys Village today!